It is Serene Clean’s mission to provide exceptional service to each of our clients, with detailed attention to their house cleaning needs and goals, using only high quality, natural house cleaning products, and procedures, safe for people, pets, and planet.
We achieve this mission by offering our clients the very best value for their cleaning dollar and, in turn, allow our professional, well-trained cleaning staff above average pay.
In order to achieve this, we ask you, our client, to review and respect the following terms and conditions.
- Initial Cleaning – This is your first cleaning and is the starting point for a cleaner, healthier home. It is the first step to beginning your regular maintenance cleanings. During your initial cleaning, we focus on build-up and since this takes some extra TLC, fees for service may be up to double the amount of your regular cleaning.
- Reoccurring Cleaning – This is your regular cleaning and is the best way to maintain a clean and healthy home. We offer weekly, biweekly, tri-weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Just Kitchens, Bathrooms, & Floors – This cleaning is scheduled in between regular cleanings of monthly clients. This maintenance cleaning will clean your kitchen(s), bathrooms, and vacuum and mop all floors in the home. It is more affordable than your regular cleaning and allows you to get out of cleaning them in between cleaning services.
- A’ La Carte Cleaning – This itemized cleaning offers extra cleaning options to get your home just the way you want. These extra services are added to a regular cleaning service and need to be scheduled ahead of time.
Cleaning Equipment and Supplies
We supply all of the equipment and supplies needed to complete you cleaning service.
We professionally train our cleaning staff to use our equipment and products.
We are happy to use your alternative equipment and/or products but this will void our Client Satisfaction Guarantee.
Cleaning requiring extra or unusual equipment/products may require an extra fee for service.
Additional Cleaning Requests
When you become a Serene Clean client, we create a customized cleaning package for you based on your cleaning needs.
Additional cleaning services, whether additional cleaning equipment and/or products are required or not, will need to be discussed prior to your cleaning service so we may schedule for the extra time needed.
Please understand a fee increase may apply.
Cleaning Before We Clean
It is to your advantage to clean clutter and messes prior to your cleaning so we may clean all areas, thus optimizing your cleaning.
However, we do provide light straightening as we clean.
If your customized cleaning includes changing the linens, please have your beds stripped and clean linens available.
Entry to Homes
Serene Clean enters your home with one of these options:
- Be Home Day of Your Cleaning – Because we cannot arrive at an exact time, the client must be home within the specified time frame. If no one is home, and our cleaning team cannot enter, the cancellation fee will be charged.
- House Key or Code Entry – We securely store client key and/or code and are used for Serene Clean purposes only.
- Door Unlocked, Key Under Doormat, Key Unsecure – The client releases Serene Clean from all liability of damage made before and/or after our cleaning team leaves the premises. The client understands they are responsible for any damages caused before and/or after their cleaning service.
- Security Systems – The client may give us their code to use or contact their security alarm company and have a house cleaner code issued to us.
Your Cleaning Day
The Day Before
- You will receive a text, the day before your cleaning service, to remind you of your cleaning appointment.
Your Appointment Time
- Our cleaning service operates Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm. Due to traffic, and unpredictable cleaning completion times, we do not guarantee arrival times to any appointment. However, our 8:30am appointment time only varies with traffic.
- On your cleaning day, we try our best to accommodate your schedule but, due to logistics and work available for that particular day, your cleaning time may vary. If you normally have an afternoon cleaning, there may be times we need to clean your home in the morning instead, and vice-versa.
- If you need an approximate time of our arrival, please call us 704-616-6679 after 8:30am on your cleaning day for a guesstimate.
When Your Cleaning Service is Complete
- When your cleaning service is complete, you will receive a text when we leave if you are not home.
- You will receive an invoice, via email, within 7 days with choice in method of payment and your next cleaning date
Fees for Service
Fees for our cleaning service is due, in full, at the time of service, unless other arrangements have been made.
Outstanding reoccurring services will need to be satisfied before your next scheduled cleaning service.
If your next reoccurring cleaning service is not scheduled within the next 30 days, it will be considered an outstanding one-time service.
Outstanding one-time services will be charged a $40 administration fee after 30 calendar days, an accrued interest rate of 1.5% per month will apply, and are subject to all collection costs, including attorneys’ fees, to collect the unpaid fees.
How to Pay
Please do not leave payment at the time of service.
We offer many payment options to make your cleaning service as easy as possible for you.
- Check – please do not post date checks and there is a $35 charge for all returned checks
- Online Bill Pay – through your bank
- Check by Mail – mail it to us: PO Box 1982, Denver, NC 28037
- Credit Card – We use Payline Data to secure and process your credit card information the day of your cleaning service
- We will securely process your payment for you
If you feel our cleaning team did a great job, you may tip them at the time of service or include it with your payment.
Your satisfaction is very important to us.
Although we do not offer refunds, if you are not happy with your cleaning experience, contact us within 24 hours and we will fix it right away at no additional cost to you.
Although we are cleaning professionals, please be reminded:
- We cannot correct damage already done to surfaces
- Some items may require a few cleanings to get them up to maintenance level
- Though we straighten light messes, we reserve the right to skip cleaning extremely cluttered areas/surfaces
- We reserve the right to skip cleaning to avoid damage to items and/or our cleaning staff
- Please be advised, if anyone is home during our cleaning service, we are not responsible for re-cleaning areas that may have been messed up by children, pets, or anyone in the home at the time of service.
We do our best to accommodate your schedule and understand when you may need to cancel/reschedule your cleaning appointment.
But before cancelling/rescheduling your cleaning day, please consider our cleaning team’s scheduled commitment and our unavailability to our other clients.
If it is necessary to cancel/reschedule, please do so at least 48 hours before your cleaning day by calling 704-616-6679.
If a cancellation/rescheduling occurs within 24 hours, of your scheduled cleaning day, a $50 charge will incur to compensate our cleaning team, to retain our excellent cleaning staff.
Please also understand, the rescheduled cleaning day may qualify as a skipped cleaning.
As a Serene Clean reoccurring client, we provide a dependable and consistent cleaning service day for you on our schedule.
This gives you a reoccurring cleaning rate.
Gaps in regular service, over 30 days, MAY increase your rate if additional cleaning time is needed to bring your home back to maintenance level.
Who Cleans for You
Serene Clean employs two teams, made up of 2 to 4 cleaning professionals. We train each of our team members, and team leaders, to perform cleanings the exact same way every time, even right down to the small details such as how to display a hand towel. The only variation of our cleaning professionals is their creative expression, eg. how they display couch pillows, etc.
If for any reason an employee of Serene Clean feels their personal safety is in danger, they have orders to leave the home.
If the unsafe actions are created by the client, client guests, or others on the client property, you will remain liable for the full fees of service.
We ask you call us 704-616-6679 as soon as possible, but at least by 7:30 am on your cleaning day, if you or anyone in your family is sick and/or contagious so we can take precautions or choose to reschedule your cleaning service.
We will never send any of our cleaning staff, to clean your home, if we know they are sick.
The cleaning service industry does not have down time or wait time.
We require the ability to work freely and without distractions:
- We will try our best to meet your needs but please allow access to the areas you need cleaned, at all times during your cleaning service.
- We love getting to know you and your family but please limit lengthy conversations with our cleaning staff.
- We make every effort to work safely and cautiously in your home but we cannot assume liability for the safety of others while cleaning your home. This includes pets and children.
Please be advised, if any of our cleaning staff are subject to distractions, slowing their ability to work at our normal pace, we reserve the right to charge an additional fee for the extra time.
The additional charge is based on our employee pay rate, by the number of cleaning staff, and the wait time.
Your Home is Our Workplace
Serene Clean is required to ensure a safe work environment for each of our cleaning staff.
We ask your assistance to keep our staff safe:
- Upon entering your home, we remove our shoes with respect to the cleanliness of your home. If there is risk of foot injury from wet, slippery, hot, poisonous, or corrosive substances, and/or falling, crushing, or penetrating objects, we reserve the right to wear our shoes. If your floors have excessive amounts of debris, we reserve the right to wear our shoes to avoid dirtying our socks, with respect for our other client’s homes.
- Please maintain a comfortable temperature in your home. OSHA recommends a workplace temperature 68F-76F F and humidity of 20%-60%.
- Though we typically have our own beverages when we clean for you, please understand if our cleaning staff may need a drink of water.
- Protective gloves are provided and may be worn for our cleaning staff’s protection
- Rooms with exposure to toxic chemicals (such as ammonia, bleach, etc) must be well ventilated or these areas may not be cleaned.
- Our cleaning staff does not climb higher than a 2-step ladder
- We don’t lift/move furniture over 15 lbs but will make every effort to reach the visible place with an extension duster
- We cannot clean potential bio-hazard areas of the home (cat litter boxes, human/animal waste, blood, vomit, etc)
- If any of our cleaning staff has the potential to be cut, or injured, in an area of your home, the area will be avoided
- Un-secure items will not be cleaned
- Our cleaning staff must avoid exposure to corrosive liquids, toxic chemicals, blood, and/or other potentially infectious materials and these areas will not be cleaned.
- We do not remove, or clean, any surfaces pre-treated with chemicals such as bleach, ammonia, etc.
When you agree to cleaning services with Serene Clean, you agree not to hire any employee, introduced to you by Serene Clean, for any home-related services.
If you do hire any of our employees, please be advised of our $2,500 referral fee, per employee.
This referral fee is due immediately upon hiring any of our employees, for any services, for your home or business.
The employee(s) will be terminated from Serene Clean, effective immediately, as they will also be in breech of their own non-solicitation agreement.
Serene Clean does not allow our employees to take any item(s), of any nature, from our client’s home without written permission for our administrative records.
This policy is for your protection, as well as ours.
If you choose to give your cleaning staff a gift, or something you no longer need, please also send a note that states you gave it to them.
This protects our cleaning staff from reprimands and/or termination.
We treat each home with great care, but accidents can happen.
If we damage or break anything while cleaning, we will report the breakage or damage to you immediately.
If you believe something has been broken or damaged by us, you will need to report it to us within 24 hours after your cleaning.
We do not take responsibility for damage not reported within this time frame.
Except for cases of intentional damage, Serene Clean, LLC’s total liability for other property damage is limited to a refund of the amount paid for the cleaning service rendered on the date the damage occurred.
Serene Clean, LLC, at its sole discretion, and without admitting liability, may offer to replace or repair the property, in lieu of a refund.
Serene Clean, LLC will choose the method, manner, and person or persons to perform or supply such repair or replacement.
You are responsible for letting us know if there are valuable, or irreplaceable, items such as heirlooms, so we may instruct our cleaning team not to touch them.
- We are not responsible for cleaning these items or for damage to them if they have not been pointed out to us.
- We are not responsible for items damaged or broken that were not properly attached or secured (example: a hanging picture improperly attached to the wall), or items with prior damage.
If you would like items of monetary and/or sentimental value items cleaned, the following release of liability shall be in effect:
- The client hereby releases Serene Clean from all liability arising out of cleaning these items.
- The client understands that he/she is completely responsible for repairing or replacing any damaged item(s) even if Serene Clean may have caused the need for repair or replacement
Vacations and Holidays
Serene Clean does not offer cleaning services on New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Serene Clean may or may not have services available Good Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Independence Day, and the day after Thanksgiving.
If your reoccurring cleaning is on one of these holidays, we will reschedule you to another day. Weekly clients may have first choice of rescheduled dates, then bi-weekly, tri-weekly, then monthly.
If you plan to be out of town or on vacation during a holiday week, please let us know as soon as possible.
Serene Clean reserves the right to modify client rates at any time. You will be notified 30 days prior to fee increases.
Occasionally we will take pictures in your home.
These images are for our reference only and will not be published without your consent:
- Images may be taken of items organized/displayed in a particular order so our cleaning staff may re-organize/re-display them correctly
- Images will be taken of any client paper money found, for our cleaning staff’s protection.
- Images will be taken of damaged items found and will not be focused on personal property unless the damaged item is personal property.
- Images of damaged property, caused by our cleaning team, will be required to process a claim by our insurance.
If we would like to take before and after pictures of your home for social media, advertisement, etc. we will contact you for permission.
Each time you refer a new client who uses our service, you will receive a $20 credit(s) towards your next cleaning and your referral will receive a $10 credit on their initial cleaning.
This includes any referrals from social media.
- To qualify for the credit, your referral must have received, and fully paid, for our services.
- You will receive the credit after the cleaning has been fully paid for
- You may use credit referrals toward your next cleaning or you can hold on to the credits to save up for a free cleaning
- Credit referrals can be combined up to $150 to be used at one time
- Services must be purchased within 12 months of the referral initial cleaning date for you to qualify for the referral reward
- If more than one established Serene Clean client refers a new client, such as from social media, the referral credit will be shared equally
- Cleaning For a Reason referrals do not apply
No representation or warranty is made by anyone, implied or expressed, other than Serene Clean owner, Stacy Speckman, and shall be binding upon Serene Clean, LLC.
Serene Clean reserves the right to re-evaluate rates and/or terms and conditions at any time.
Last Updated June 4, 2018